Skip to main content

The Biltmore Estate: Dressing Downton and the Tulips on my Birthday

The Biltmore Estate is one of the most beautiful places to visit any time of the year.  But right now the tulips are in bloom and it is gorgeous!








They also have these displayed near the tulips which goes perfectly with the Dressing Downton exhibit that is currently on tour at the Biltmore!




Dressing Downton: Changing Fashion for Changing Times is a traveling exhibition with the premiere stop at the Biltmore Estate.  The exhibition is displayed throughout the house with explanations about how the fashion was applied during the time period and photos of the characters in costume.  Unfortunately, photography is prohibited inside the house.  But don't despair, there is a book complete with photos of the costumes and detailed information on them for sale in the gift shops along with a whole array of Downton delights!!  I picked up two books while I was there.     The fashions of Downton Abbey are on display at the Biltmore from now until May 25th 2015.  The tour continues throughout the United States ending in St. Augustine, Florida in January 2018.  You can find more information on this exhibition at the Biltmore Estate here: Downton Abbey Fashion at the Biltmore Estate  and more information on the tour itself here: Dressing Downton


I had a wonderful birthday visit to the Biltmore Estate.  My favorite flower, the tulip, was in bloom and my favorite television show was being highlighted at one of my very favorite places to visit.  Even in the rain the Biltmore shows her beauty.  Who needs cake and candles when you have views like this on your birthday!  Thank you, my sweet husband and children for a delightful visit to America's largest home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Big Day Out With Thomas

We had such a fun time visiting with our friends from the Island of Sodor!  My 3 year old son is obsessed with Thomas and Friends, so it was a dream day for him!!  There were several activities to keep us busy before our big ride with Thomas.  There was a tent with Thomas mechandise (we spent a lot of time there), a magic show, a really small miniature golf section (perfect size for small children), story telling, a bounce house, a crane demonstration and other activites.   We were able to meet and take lots of pictures with Sir Topham Hatt (the line to meet him was rather long but moved quickly...there was neither confusion nor delay ;))     Like I said, we spent a lot of time in the merchandise tent.  They had some great stuff!  I was glad we stopped there first because we picked up the little engineer cap and my sweet baby wore it all day :)  We also got a Thomas whistle, PEZ dispenser, A Day Out with Thomas book collection (I taped our tickets inside

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is going to be wonderful when all the construction is over!  First off, my family and I are HUGE Disney fans!!! I LOVE Walt Disney World!  Whenever I feel like we need a little family time Disney is where I want to be :)  There is something for everyone.  We have a 13 year old, a 10 year old and a 3 year old.  With that age diversity Disney World is perfect for us. We stayed at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort in January in a club level garden view room.  The room was spacious for our party of five.  We got the garden view because we are hardly in the room while at Disney and the view was not that important on this trip for us.  On a side note, the club lounge offers a fabulous view through out the day!   The only drawback on the room itself was that there was not a full length mirror in the room.  But I guess that is fine, I really didn't want to see my tennis shoes anyway ;)  Here are a few other pictures of the room.

St. Regis Atlanta Visit in January 2016

The St. Regis Atlanta  was enjoyable from beginning to end.  I can't say enough about the staff as they were AMAZING!  We were celebrating my daughter's birthday during our one night stay at the  St. Regis Atlanta   and she was treated like a princess ;) On this hotel stay, we were traveling as a family of four since my eldest daughter was staying with a friend in the Atlanta area.  When we arrived at the hotel my son and daughter were greeted at check in with a cute stuffed bear wearing a St. Regis Atlanta t-shirt (my four year old son named his "I love Mommy" :) ).  I reserved the Superior Room   since I knew we wouldn't be using the balcony on this trip and we were only a party of four instead of our usual five. The layout of this room was really well done.  The room was very spacious and had every feature you need plus more!  When you walk into the room you enter into the foyer which has a table complete with a vanity chair, two closets, and a niche